HIPAA & PRIVACY
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION.
PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
- Description of Uses and Disclosures
- Tri-Cities Community Health will protect the privacy of the health information that it receives and creates for and on behalf of its patients. Consistent with this policy, Tri-Cities Community Health may use and disclose protected health information for its own treatment, payment and health care operations activities, and for the treatment, payment, and health care operations activities of others.
- Disclosures for the Treatment Activities of Others:
- Tri-Cities Community Health may disclose a patient's protected health information for the treatment activities of another health care provider.
- Disclosures for the Payment Activities of Others:
- Tri-Cities Community Health may disclose a patient's protected health information to another health care provider, or to a health plan or other entity subject to the requirements of the Privacy Rule, for the payment activities of that provider, health plan or other entity.
- Disclosures for the Health Care Operations of Others:
- Tri-Cities Community Health may disclose a patient's health information to another health care provider, health plan or other entity for their health care operations activities, provided that (1) both Tri-Cities Community Health and the other entity have or had a relationship with the patient, (2) the information disclosed pertains to that patient relationship, and (3) the disclosure is for one of the following purposes or activities:
- Electronic Notice:
- Notice may be provided to a patient by e-mail if the patient agrees to such electronic notice and has not withdrawn his or her agreement. If Tri-Cities Community Health knows that the e-mail transmission has failed, it will mail a paper copy of the notice to the patient. Availability of Notice on Request: Tri-Cities Community Health will have available at all of its service delivery sites copies of its current notice of privacy practices available for patients to request to take with them.
- Statement of the Patient's Rights:
- - The right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of protected health information
- - The right to receive confidential communications of protected health information
- - The right to inspect and copy protected health information
- - The right to amend protected health information
- - The right to receive an accounting of disclosures of protected health information
- - The right of a patient, including a patient who has agreed to receive the notice electronically, to obtain a paper copy of the notice from Tri-Cities Community Health upon request
- Statement of the Health Center's Duties:
- Tri-Cities Community Health is required by law to maintain the privacy of protected health information and to provide patients with notice of the Health Center's legal duties and privacy practices with respect to protected health information.
- Revisions to Notice:
- Tri-Cities Community Health will only make revisions to its notice of privacy practices in accordance with the Privacy Rule's provisions applicable to notice and Tri-Cities Community Health's notice policy and procedure. Tri-Cities Community Health will make the revised notice available on or after the effective date of the revision.
- Patients may complain to Tri-Cities Community Health and to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services if they believe their privacy rights have been violated.
- Contact Information:
- The notice will contain the name or title, and the telephone number of Tri-Cities Community Health's privacy contact person-----HIPAA Compliance Officer, 509-543-1925
- A Description of Any Limitation on Uses or Disclosures:
- If Tri-Cities Community Health elects to limit the uses or disclosures that it is permitted to make under the Privacy Rule or other applicable law, Tri-Cities Community Health may describe its more limited uses or disclosures, provided that Tri-Cities Community Health may not include a limitation affecting its right to make a use or disclosure that is required by law or authorized by law to avert a serious threat to health or safety...
Tri-Cities Community Health Newsfeed
Stay up to date on everything TCCH is doing to enrich our community and explore our latest developments as we strive to bring affordable healthcare to everyone.
Thomas Bagley, DDS
Patients succeed because our team succeeds in ensuring that